The Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE) role is a field-based position comprised of nurses reporting to the Director, Clinical Nurse Educators. The CNE partners with their commercial team members, sales, marketing, managed markets, patient advocacy, as well as medical counterparts, and medical affairs. The CNE will be responsible for establishing strategic relationships with key customers, local and regional advocacy organizations and the oncology nursing community. This collaborative approach will serve to provide education, enhanced clinical care, and the opportunity to build strategic relationships with both key customers and Karyopharm internal customers. The CNE educates and trains clinical personnel in the delivery of therapies, patient treatment management, and related clinical topics in support of the Karyopharm field sales team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent specified Karyopharm Therapeutics products in the medical community for an assigned geographical area in accordance with Karyopharm’s direction and policy, focused on the nursing segment
- Deliver approved product and disease state-related education to healthcare professionals (HCPs) within assigned geographic region
- Develop strong long-term relationships with clinical personnel, advanced practice provider opinion leaders, key nurse opinion leaders, advocacy organizations, key nursing organizations, and societies focused on the nursing segment
- Work cross-functionally as part of an integrated team to identify and access key customers, assess their education needs, and provide clinical and educational support
- Collaborate with Karyopharm counterparts to identify and access key customers. Communicate and coordinate CNE efforts with Regional Business Directors, Hematology-Oncology Specialists, Patient Advocacy, Market Access, and other corporate colleagues as part of an integrated team following all compliance and regulatory guidelines, to ensure customer needs are addressed
- Develop and execute geographical-based strategic and tactical plans to meet customer and business needs
- Work closely with marketing to identify and develop nursing specific tools to fulfill the needs of the customer
- Executes external disease state educational presentations and on label product presentations for dinner programs, round tables, and society presentations. Provide in-office/in-hospital educational presentations to key customers reactively in response to an identified need/request for clinical information. Additional presentations for nursing groups, societies, and various patient support groups, including patients and caregivers, on disease state and Karyopharm Therapeutics marketed products, utilizing on label approved slide decks may also be completed by the CNE.
- Identify and communicate field issues, opportunities and compelling activities through appropriate organizational venues
- Partner with key commercial and medical personnel to ensure appropriate and compliant utilization of product and disease state education and resources
- Maintain an open dialogue with key opinion leaders in the nursing arena and develop product champions for promoted projects
- Perform all administrative functions of the position in a timely and efficient manner and in accordance with Karyopharm Therapeutics policies and procedures