The individual in this position will be responsible for a specific geographic area and will play a key role in educating healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers on Karyopharm products, programs, and services. Effective internal and external customer interactions will be the focal point of this position. This person will provide clinical and professional expertise to internal and external healthcare professionals, patients, and advocacy organizations. The Clinical Nurse Professional (CNP) role is a position that is field-based and is comprised of nurses. The CNP is responsible for educating HCP/clinics w/ infusion and related education for Karyopharm products. The CNP serves as a resource to clinical leaders by identifying educational needs of staff and implements programs to fulfill knowledge gaps.
The CNP will also establish ongoing relationships with local and regional advocacy organizations and societies as assigned. This collaborative approach will serve to provide education and enhanced clinical care, and to build strategic relationships with key customers.
- Monitors and oversees activities pertaining to multi-site clinical protocols such as monitoring patient recruitment and retention, trial progress, and the need for extension or renewal of ongoing trials
- Provides site training and guidance in reference to protocol compliance.
- Resolves routine study questions from clinical trial sites in adherence to ICH GCP and the study protocol.
- Oversees ongoing protocol operations to ensure study compliance and troubleshoots possible protocol violations
- Coordinates various activities to ensure proper and timely filing of serious adverse events, protocol deviations, amendments, annual reports, and other regulatory documents
- Prepares and/or reviews study-related start-up documents as they relate to the supported clinical trials (e.g., Patient Diary, Clinical Site Procedures Manual, Case Report Form (CRFs), CRF Completion Guidelines and other relevant study resources).
- Supports site initiation visits and ascertain site readiness for study start
- Maintains oversight of protocol implementation by reviewing progress reports from CROs, monitoring reports, and audit reports as needed.
- Develops study-specific materials for research participant education
- Manages site relationships to ensure positive interactions through routine site contact.
- May visit off-site collaborative centers
- Work cross functionally to identify customer education needs.
- Deliver disease state educational presentations to nurses, physicians and other health care providers.
- Partner with national, state and local nursing organizations to support education on assigned disease states.
- Develop relationships with key nurse opinion leaders.
- Attend and participate in internal/external meetings, training classes conventions/conferences, and other business related activities.
- Excellent organizational, creative and analytical problem solving, and influential skills are required. This individual must be flexible and adaptable to new and constant changing situations.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required up to 30%