The Senior Manager, Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for the identification and engagement of a targeted group of Global, National and Regional thought leaders/healthcare professionals (HCPs), as well as important HCP Stakeholder groups. This position provides consistent delivery of educational and compliant scientific information in support of Karyopharm’s pipeline.
We are looking to hire a Senior MSL located in either Spain or Italy to join our exciting European MSL Team. This position will cover the Mediterranean region. This is a field based role, reporting into the Senior Director – European MSL Team Lead.
- Ensure that all activities and interactions are conducted with due regard to all applicable local, global and national laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, Company policies and accepted standards of best practice.
- Identify and develop relationships with community/academic thought leaders along with treatment advocates on a local, regional, and national level.
- Provide scientific and technical leadership to ensure professional and credible relationships with thought leaders and external experts of strategic importance
- Ensure a strong medical and scientific presence for Karyopharm in key academic centres by facilitation of research and educational initiatives, while supporting requests for medical and scientific information on products or areas of therapeutic interest to Karyopharm.
- Serve as a point of contact within the Medical Affairs team for thought leaders and external experts within an assigned geographic area in order to satisfy their needs for scientific knowledge in a therapeutic area and, when requested, relevant Karyopharm medicines, to support their safe, effective and appropriate use.
- Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians, individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.)
- Serve as Karyopharm’s scientific representative to the medical community and facilitate the appropriate exchange of scientific information.
- Provide clinical and economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers.
- Utilize approved resources to address customer needs, ensuring they are in compliance with all guidelines and regulations.
- In partnership with clinical operations, support trial awareness, enrollment, and identification of potential sites/investigators for clinical trial participation.
- Serve as the key liaison for all aspects of investigator sponsored research.
- Facilitate medical and scientific field intelligence – for example, competitor research and medical strategies, educational activities, structure and function
- Attend relevant scientific meetings and Conferences. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop summaries of key data and other scientifically relevant information to inform Karyopharm strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Communicate therapeutic market trends which may impact Karyopharm’s pipeline.
- Participate and support advisory boards and steering committees.
- Lead and/or participate on committee/project teams which support MSL strategies as delegated by MSL leadership
- Gain feedback through field interactions with HCPs to uncover collaboration opportunities and pair customer’s unmet needs with available internal resources.
- This position is a field based international role as such the person is expected to be able to travel and be active with in field duties 70% of the time.