The Senior Director MSLs/Team Lead - EU will be responsible for integrating scientific expertise and product knowledge to ensure successful implementation of the Company's marketed and emerging product portfolio. This position will be directly accountable for collaboration between the Company and national and regional thought leaders within a defined, abbreviated servicing territory. Additionally, this position will be responsible for managing and leading a team of experienced Medical Science Liaisons. Responsible for cultivating, implementing and managing scientific expertise and knowledge with brand strategies to ensure successful communication, education and implementation the Company’s marketed and emerging product portfolio.
MSL Territory Management Requirements (in an abbreviated territory)
- Identify key national and regional oncology thought leaders and priority customers, build and maintain advocacy with these individuals, and function as their primary scientific contact with Company.
- Assist in the identification, evaluation and engagement of potential investigators for Company clinical trials.
- Assist the clinical trials team, as needed, in the ongoing support and communication with investigators on Company corporate trials.
- Identify, initiate, coordinate, evaluate and monitor investigator-sponsored studies intended to support the clinical and scientific strategy of Company products.
- Help develop and manage to timelines publication plans of investigator-sponsored studies. Participate in the collection and exchange of scientific/technical information important to Companies development efforts (serve as a field-based extension of the in-house clinical team).
- Education of priority customers on research and development projects.
- Develop key advocates as speakers to support Company products and strategies.
- Assist in the development of, and participate in, regional advisory boards and medical education programs.
- Represent Company at major oncology meetings and conferences
- Maintain clinical and technical expertise in the area of oncology through review of the scientific literature and attendance at key scientific meetings.
Team Management Requirements
- Lead, manage, mentor and provide continuous strategic and tactical vision, guidance and training to a group of highly qualified medical professionals throughout Europe
- Facilitate scientific development of marketed and pipeline compounds at research centers and secure our presence in the related therapeutic areas.
- Contributor in cross-functional setting in close alignment with the Company’s Medical Affairs and Commercial groups
- Contribute to the process for setting the vision and developing the MSL’s business plan covering policies and operating procedures and expectations for the group.
- Other Duties as assigned
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a mentor for Medical Science Liaisons and includes:
- Interviewing prospective candidates and providing feedback.
- Participates in training and on-boarding of new hires.
- Provides technical expertise to other members of the organization.
- Serves as role model to team members:
- Takes initiative and perform tasks in a self-directed manner.
- Demonstrates professional behavior when interacting with Health Care Professionals and internal colleagues.
- Enhances cohesiveness among MSL team members – providing a respectful, inclusive environment.
- Proactively offers ideas and solutions to enhance the productivity of the Medical Science Liaison Team.
- Adheres to the Company Code of Business Conduct & Ethics.
- Leads assigned projects within the MSL organization:
- Spearheads strategic initiatives within the MSL organization in collaboration with Directors.
- Delivers updates and presentations to Medical Affairs senior management.
- Develops best practices for the MSL team.
- Delivers scientific/clinical presentations at advisory boards, consultant meeting, and/or facilitation of breakout sessions.
- Delivers scientific/clinical presentations to payer groups and other managed market customers.
- Represents MSL team on select clinical/medical study teams.