This is a broad role responsible for a wide variety of intellectual property, corporate and transactional duties within the legal department. Responsibilities include collaborating with members of management and outside counsel to oversee intellectual property (IP) matters and supporting the Deputy General Counsel and General Counsel with overall legal approval and recommendations across the entire organization (securities, finance, corporate governance, human resources, mergers and acquisitions, data protection and other matters). This position reports to the Deputy General Counsel.
- Consulting on IP matters with internal team and external counsel as needed to manage and protect the organization’s IP.
- Interacting cross-functionally to gather and analyze information necessary to prepare patent or trademark applications.
- Preparing IP-related documents as needed to support organizational goals, which may include collaborating with outside counsel to file trademark applications to support commercial and marketing strategies.
- Supporting legal team with management of securities, corporate governance and public company legal matters, including the following:
- drafting and/or reviewing SEC filings such as annual proxy statement, 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks and Section 16 reports;
- participating in preparations for and execution of the annual shareholder meeting;
- overseeing insider trading compliance, and
- ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and Nasdaq requirements.
- Maintaining policies and procedures for corporate and securities matters of a public company that drive consistency and standards in the approach to such matters.
- Assisting with board of director and committee meetings preparations, including drafting and reviewing resolutions, materials and correspondence.
- Participating in merger and acquisitions activities (i.e., conducting due diligence and preparing drafts of necessary documents) and supporting alliance management.
- Serving as a member of the legal team supporting the human resources function.
- Assisting IT with compliance with data protection regulations; and
- Supporting Deputy General Counsel and General Counsel with general legal matters.